We are looking for an experienced technician to provide great customer service and help us keep growing. Helps configure, install, maintain, and upgrade computer systems hardware and software. May assist in designing, developing, testing, debugging, and implementing operating systems components, software tools, and utilities required for the operation, maintenance, and control of computer systems. Works under own initiative, prioritizes own work, and meets agreed timescales.
- Maintains network systems, installing new hardware and modifying existing hardware, and related network software and applications.
- Installs and maintains peripheral devices including printers, hubs, routers, and other equipment.
- Communicates with end users to understand and troubleshoot problems.
- Conducts periodic diagnostics and testing to ensure optimal network function and minimal downtime.
- Maintains email and intranet services, adding and removing users and accounts.
- Collaborates with the network administrator to review and analyze hardware and software needs; recommends changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Basic understanding of existing network programs and capabilities.
- Excellent workstation and network troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding and ability to work with Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Wireless, LAN/WAN and other Network technologies.
Education and Experience:
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is highly preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience in user technical support preferred.
- A+, Network+, and/or similar certifications highly preferred.
- Work on Saturdays with Sunday and One weekday off.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times.
- May be required to work on-call or long hours in case of network malfunction.
- Must have a driver's license, have a vehicle and be able to drive.