A cashier is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service in accordance with Company policy, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, cash register and credit card operations and safeguarding company assets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that each customer receives exceptional service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting every customer, handling all customer concerns with patience and professionalism, and have a solid understanding of the products that are carried.
- Maintain an awareness of all sales and promotions.
- Accurately and efficiently ring or scan all customer merchandise.
- Accurately maintain cash, checks and credit card receipts.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work station.
- Accurately count and verify daily receipts.