The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of assigned departments. This includes the ability to achieve desired sales/revenue results, the overall appearance of assigned departments, inventory management and the planning, training and management of staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the day to day operation of assigned departments.
- Achieves daily/weekly sales goals and revenue targets.
- Manages labor to be consistent with store sales, productivity guidelines and departmental budgets.
- Implementation and execution of merchandising plans.
- Manages the accuracy of the store inventory; ensuring that the store is “inventory ready” at all times.
- Manage store inventory to achieve inventory turnover objectives.
- Oversees appearance/conditions for assignment departments.
- Provide staff training to build a proactive and productive workforce.
- Creates initiatives to create retention, thereby reducing staffing turnover.
- Communicate, manage and review employee’s specific to their performance metrics.
- Promotes customer-focused approach to growth by creating an atmosphere of enthusiastic personalized customer service.
- Maintain safe work environment.